My Help Comes From The Lord

"I lift my eyes up to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber or sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore." Psalm 121 

It has been 121 days since my last posting. In those last 121 days I have experienced a vast range of emotions and difficulties. I have had good days and bad days, sad days and glad days. But what I have learned during this hiatas from writing is that no matter what kind of "day" that I am having I have a "help" always there, especially when I least deserve it and as my biblical hero the Apostle Paul once said, "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." (1st Timothy 1:15 ESV) 

I have learned that to be a Christian and follow the Christian faith brings its own set of "blood, sweat, and tears." While I toil and struggle with the earthly issues I experience in my day to day and I  wonder if I will ever be free of the things that weigh so heavily on my mind, I am reminded that I only come to Him and He will take away all the burdens of my soul. He will break the chains of slavery and break down the walls built in fear that I have built in my heart and set me free. He breaks us free from sin, guilt, hopelessness, and the fear of a life separated from the beauty of the Grace of God. But it doesn't end there. I have skin in this game too.

I am called to let go of all my selfish desires and ambition for self glorification. I am called to a life of "we" rather than a life of "me." I am to seek His will for my life and the lives of those under my protection, namely my family. I am called to be a leader in my home, to lead my wife towards Christ not away from Him; to show my children what it means to be a godly man in word and deed. These are things that I wish I could say I take seriously all the time but sadly I do not. I am a man. I am flesh and blood. I allow my own desires and my own fear of failure to cloud my judgement and in the end, do damage to my home and my family. It is when I listen to the fear of not being good enough, not right, not strong enough to put up a fight for the right things, to the fear of not being the man that I know is somewhere inside, cowering in a corner. It is when I allow these things to cloud my judgement and skew my view of the world that I need to listen closely for the voice of Him. The One that can free me from this burden and give me a new outlook on my life. He is the only one that can give me the directions back to the path He has blazed before me. He is there to help me.

I am going to get personal for a minute.....

This is for all the men that have influenced me on my path the last 39 years....

Bob Mosley aka Papaw
John Mosley aka Dad
Bob Mosley aka Uncle Bob
Randy Laws aka Uncle Randy
Donnie Mosley aka Uncle Don
Joe Mosley aka Uncle Joe
Buddy Devazier
Dave Stults
Terry Lingenfelter
Mark Marley
Tim Coleman
Mike Shinn
Bob Milton Sr.
Dr. Timothy Green
Dr. Sam Green
Randy Kirkpatrick
Blaine Rogers
Joel Lauckner
Charlie McAlister
Delton Couch
John Thweatt
Mark Walker
Bruce Foster
Dondi Lee
Bill Cox
Clay Shadix
Chad Tidwell
Todd Jones
Johnny Grimes
Josh Money
Jay Daly
Will Foote
Paul Brasher
Jeff Huey
Toogie Harmon

These are just a few of the men that come to my mind when I think of those that have influenced me in my life. I am sure I could think of a few more but these are ones that showed me how to work hard, how to worship, how to pray, how to care about those around me (especially when they are slightly unloveable), and frankly taught me how to be a man. Some of these men have passed away and one day I will get another chance to tell them how much they meant to me. Some of these men are still here and I will never forget how they have helped me in my life and the lessons that they have each taught me.

Ok I am done for the moment....I promise I won't wait another 121 days......

Comments