Feet

"There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request." 1st Chronicles 4:9-10

I know that many times in my life that I have prayed for a deal that I was working one would be successful. I have also prayed many times that I would pass the test that I was about to take. Sometimes I have put in the work to "help" this along. And ashamedly, sometimes not.

The Lord can do anything He sees fit, whether we're helping or not. But that is not how He intended our relationship with Him to be or our time on earth to be spent, simply asking Him for "favors".

When we were created, God had a special purpose in mind. Our life was not intended to be an inactive one. God knew what the world would be like when we were born, and we were specifically designed to carry out that special purpose at exactly that specific time that God chose!

God has done this throughout history, by using both willing and unwilling participants for His purposes. He prefers that we be willing, with the hope that we will use the gifts that we have been given to His glory. The next time you decide to just sit back and rely on God to find others to pick up the slack, remember this proverb: When you pray, use your feet.

Jabez prayed that God would enlarge his territory. He was ready to do whatever was asked of him. He was ready to use his feet and he was willing to go wherever God sent him. Doing the work of the Lord the whole way!

You might ask: how do I know what God wants from me? What's my purpose?

The answer I have is simple: Pray OFTEN! Ask God for power, peace, direction, clarity, strength, and courage-just for starters. The get prepared to go, because go you shall. God will throw you headfirst into the work He has waiting on you.

Comments