Be Here Long

The last few days I've been listening to a song by Need To Breathe off their new album. The song is called "Be Here Long" and it has spoken to my soul. It reminded me exactly how short of time and impact I have on this world and how much of it I have wasted. No more. Not another second. If your dad is alive, call him! If your grandmother is sick visit her! If you have kids then be intentional about your time with them. Our time on this earth is short. God gives us only so many opportunities to use the gifts we are given before we are taken. 

So if you're my friend and I haven't been there when you need me please forgive me. Being self focused is the worst kind of drug known to man and I have been addicted to self. 

God, forgive me my self love and my ignorance. I know your word although I have placed my own desires ahead of yours and it has taken shaking my life up to make me realize the opportunities that you have given me. Forgive me my slothful ways and my quickness to anger. Let my tongue not be sharp with criticism but have words of wisdom and love roll off my tongue. Help me be intentional with those I love and show them every day how much they mean to me. I know my time here is short and I vow to cherish each moment I am given. Take the scales down from my eyes that blind me from the pain of others. 

Help me close my eyes and always think of you, go to sleep and dream of you because I know I don't get to be here long. Help me to be the man you called me to be. Help me keep my focus on the things that are truly important. God, family, and everything else. 

Thank you Lord for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the loving way you bring us back to you. I know I don't deserve the grace and mercy but I am so thankful for it. 

Comments