Never Doubt God

I have learned in the last thirty days that I should never, ever doubt God for who He is or what He can do in my life. I have learned to hang on to God's unchanging character.

2nd Corinthians 1:12 says, "For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity and godly sincerity, but not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so toward you."

What Paul is saying here is that though our circumstances change, they cannot change the character of God. God's grace and mercy is still in full force and He is still on our side, even if I can't feel it at the time. Those are the times that we have to press into Him.

Here lately I have been able to remind myself of what I know to be eternally true about God. There are six things that I have been reminding myself of the past thirty days: God is good, God loves me, God is with me, God knows exactly what I am going though, God cares, and God has a perfect plan for my life.

Raymond Edman once said, "Never doubt in the dark what God has told you in the light." And I have found this to be exceedingly true and real the last thirty days. God promises us that He will NEVER leave nor forsake us. We may lose a dear family member, we may lose our job, we may lose the ability to care for ourselves, or we might lose friends but one thing remains eternally evident and real, we can NEVER, EVER lose God. He is always there. Where ever you are He is there also.

What has God told you in the light that you doubt when the lights go out at night? What has God told you that you doubt? Why? If you hear only one thing please hear this: Your circumstances cannot change the character of God or what He will do!

Comments