Prayer

In the past I have to say that I have neglected my prayer life. It is sad to admit but I took that part of my relationship with God for granted. In the past few weeks God has revealed to me that prayer is the recognition that if God had not engaged himself in my problems, that I would still be lost in darkness. It is by the mercy that only He can provide that I have been lifted up out of that darkness. Prayer is that whole process that reminds me of who God is and who I am.

I have learned the great power that is in prayer. I have felt the prayers of those around me and it has fueled me to keep pressing onwards. I know that God heals the wounded and that He can raise the dead. He proved it time after time in the New Testament and He is still raising people from the dead, those dead in their sin and darkness. But prayer is not a lifeline to tell God what to do and how to do it. He knows what we need and He hears what we want but they aren't always the same thing. Everything that God does is providential and He has a plan for everything in our lives, the good and the bad.

God knows that with our limited vision that we don't even know what we should pray for but when we trust God with our requests and for the things that we need, He will honor our prayer and use His judgement to give us exactly what we need when we need it. Simply trust God and tell Him, because in reality He already knows what we want and what we need but He wants our obedience and telling Him these things shows our love and obedience for Him. So get alone and tell God what ever it is that you need to tell Him. I promise He will honor it.

Comments