Cry Out To God

"Attend to me, and answer me; I am restless in my complaint and I moan" Psalms 55:2 ESV


As I read the passage above, I see how David poured out his feelings about all he was dealing with at the time. As he shared his heart with God, he pleaded with God to listen to him. David was desperate, and I can imagine that he was feeling a deep sense of betrayal in his life at this time. He needed God to hear him. He needed God to show him compassion. Most of all, he needed God to answer him. So David humbled himself completely before God and opened his heart to him. He told God of his agony and of the fears that had overwhelmed him. David ultimately begged God to hear him and bring down the enemies that wanted him dead. 

Our circumstances in life may be different. But from time to time we all feel exactly like David did in Psalms 55. We can sense the presence of our enemy. He is standing at the door, beating on it like we owe him money. We live in constant fear that our destruction is around the next corner. We even start to doubt God. We doubt his goodness. We doubt his power. We doubt his love. But when you feel like this, that is the time that you need to cry out to God the most. Seek Him with everything you have in you. And when you finally come to the end of yourself that is where you will find God waiting for you. When God hears our cry in the night, He does like any good and loving parent would, He comes to our aid. God hears our cries in the darkness. God will do something about the situation that you find yourself in. 

Don't be bashful. Don't hide from God. Call out to Him as He desires us to do. Admit that you're weak and can't begin to do this work on your own. Affirm God's greatness in your life and then He will meet you right where you are, right in the middle of your trouble and depression. God will reach down and lift you out by His mighty hand. 

All you have to say is "Much is on my shoulders. Help me, Lord. Help me now."

Comments