Measure

“"You shall say to them, Thus says the Lord: When men fall, do they not rise again? If one turns away, does he not return?” ‭‭Jeremiah ‭8:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Failures may be good measures of a man and his decisions, but they don't always measure the man himself. In most cases, failures are nothing more than a pathway to future success, simply because they teach me more about who I am and about God's nature that success ever could. I am a firm believer that failure forces me to stop and think about the decisions I made and how I got to that point.

Spiritually speaking, I grow very little during the times when things are moving along smoothly and the skies are blue and the sun is shining. But when the storms start to build up strength and my heart gets broken because of the current situation, that is when God has my full and undivided attention.

I have learned that failure doesn't measure the man I am as long as when I get knocked down, I get back up and press on forward in my life. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what God wants me to do. I have learned that pressing on can be a very righteous action. It is completely unnatural for a man to fall down and stay down. It is when we rise up, we find God's grace at it's fullest.

It is when I persevere, faithfully moving forward, that I find the true source of my power. It is on that stage where my life is meant to truly play out because during that time I really find out how big my God truly is.

Comments