Nothing Lasts Forever

I am of the belief that one of the things you can bank on the most in life is that nothing ever stays the same. Jobs will come and jobs will go. Friends will walk into your life and over time they will walk back out. Money is earned and then as quickly as you got it, it's gone. People die, every single day, and sometimes they are close to us.

You might ask yourself, what is he getting at? Well, to make it simple, nothing on this earth will last forever. Changes often have to with some sort of loss, and that isn't always a bad thing. While many changes are painful, there is great relief when the soul stretching you experience is over. Even still, every time our story changes, the change brings with it a feeling uncertainty and instability.

Life is full of insanely bitter losses and incredibly sweet victories. I have felt the excitement of a new born child(times 3) and I have felt the sting and feeling of failure from a divorce. I have felt the soul crushing loss of a spouse and the renewing of my spirit through a new relationship and a new marriage.

In victory and loss, there is no way around it, so don't fear it. God is the master genius of forming for you and I, a journey in which few things stay the same. I have to praise Him for that, because it creates an awesome sense of my dependency for my independent self.

All the things I have seen and everywhere I have been, all the things that have changed, one thing has remained constant in my life: Jesus Christ. He is the same today as He was yesterday and He will be the same tomorrow. No matter where I go or what I do, Jesus is Jesus.

As we are told in Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." If you can hold on to anything during the times when you feel yourself spinning out of control, it is that promise.

Comments