I Learned Something Today

I am at the point in my career where I want to take my management to the next level. I want to be able to advance my employees to be able to better perform. The problem is, I don't have all the knowledge I need to take them there. Because of this, I am learning that I need to seek out men that are better managers than I am and find the knowledge I need to take my people further. If I don't, my employees will probably hit a ceiling that didn't need to be there in the first place.

And the same is true in my walk as a Christian. When I try to do things in my own limited wisdom, I can only go so far. When I start thinking that I know what is best for my life and I stop trusting God, I am destined to get into trouble.

Proverbs 14:12 (ESV) says, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.” God isn't telling me to turn my brain off and become a mindless zombie, stumbling through life without purpose or direction. He is telling me to use the intellect and common sense that He has given me, but not to depend on them alone. We have to turn to God for more wisdom and rely on His understanding in ALL things. We are called to pray and ask for wisdom from Him in every single aspect of out lives.

If we will listen to what James tells us in chapter 1 verse 5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." He is telling us that if we need more wisdom all that you have to do is ask God. It is only when we stop leaning on our own understanding of our view of life and seek God's direction for our lives that we will see a true breakthrough.

While studying for this, I got some less than happy news and it was something that I had been working very hard for all year. While I didn't get the results I wanted I did get "something" out of it. I learned that I have to make doubly sure that I am developing all my employees and that I have to listen to those that have been doing it longer than I have. It is easy to allow your pride to get in the way of asking for wisdom and it is easy to allow it to block hearing God speak through those that have your best interest at heart. This experience has taught me to seek out God's wisdom and not my own in ALL things.

Are you trying to do it the same way as me? Are you leaning on your own knowledge? Do you need REAL wisdom in your life? Don't allow your pride to keep you from humbling yourself and asking God for help. He has all the wisdom and the awesome thing is that He gives it freely.
‭‭

Comments