As I Think, So I Am

"For the thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dreaded befalls me." Job 3:25 ESV 

God has laid what I am about to write on my heart at just the right time....exactly what I needed to share at exactly the right time...more for myself....As I think, So I am.....

I am the only one that has the ability to paint a picture of what my life is going to look like. I may not get all the details exactly right, but I certainly have a part in shaping my future. My perspective today has a lot to do with what happens tomorrow. What I believe and what I expect have a tendency to come about.

This is why it is so important to be careful how I speak to myself, think of myself, conduct myself, and develop myself. The landscape of my future is in large part determined by what I think it will be and by how I see myself in it. This doesn't mean that I have the power to manipulate my future, but there is a strong connection between my perceptions and my outcomes. I have found that when I have a positive outlook I experience positive results more often than when I have a negative outlook. Thus it is vital for me to make sure that my perceptions are positive.

If you have an option of painting a picture of your life, why not make it a good one? Envision the future you want, the things that you see yourself accomplishing, and your God given significance. Base it on what you know to be true and not on your own sense of pride or unhealthy ways to satisfy your needs. But within the values and dreams that God gives each one of us, paint the picture of where we want to go, what we want to be like, and what we want to accomplish in life. Expect good and pursue it rather than simply going through life without a plan and seeing whatever happens.

I am not suggesting life will always be easy if you have the right thoughts, or that you automatically will receive blessings if you start to think in a positive way. But negative thinking sets you back every single time. I have seen it in my own life and the lives of others many times over.

Only with God's help, His power, encouragement, and energy flowing through our lives along with the gifts, abilities, and talents He bestows on each of us, can we shape our lives and our future. Because He created me, I have the potential of living a life of significance, endless possibility, and major impact on those brought into my path.

For better or worse, what I envision often begins to take shape. You and I have to be intentional and choose to see our lives as lives of significance, infinite possibility, and major impact on the world.

Comments