Reach

“Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1st Corinthians ‭10:12-13‬ ‭ESV‬‬


We all have issues. Every single person that has ever lived have had things that pull at them, tempt them, and distract them, constantly. 

And if I can be honest for a moment, I would have to admit that I usually allow myself to be pulled, tempted, and distracted by everything imaginable, sadly it is often the wrong things, because I believe I can handle it all. I say "No problem!" "I got this!" More than likely I insist on going on alone rather than ask for help. 

But God doesn't expect me to walk alone. God specifically created me to be in relationship, relationship with Him and in relationship with others. God is always bringing other people into my life to walk with me, to help me do what God has called me to do even better. 

During my short time in a position of leadership, I have seen relationship in action. I like to call it a team, a group of people with the same mission and purpose and a commitment to accomplish that mission with success. My team interacts in the office and the field each and every day. They depend on each other to help us achieve our goals at a local level as well as a company. But I also have seen that along the way, things that pull the attention of my team trying to distract them from our goals. 

Successful, high performance teams are always aware of individual team members and the distractions and temptations they may be facing. As individuals, we don't have to walk alone. We have help all around us, that will come alongside us and help keep us focused and encouraged. 

I am not expected to be invincible. Life happens to me every single day. No matter what I am facing, I don't have to go through it alone and neither do you. God created me and you to be in relationship with Him and each other. All we have to do is reach out. 

Comments