Guard

“Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,” ‭‭Isaiah ‭58:8-9‬ ‭ESV‬‬


In life we all will experience challenges and situations which will test our faith. During these times we have to remember exactly who God really is. God is our ultimate protector, provider, refuge, strength, and safeguard. when you study God's word and recall how He delivered the individuals in the Bible from their own challenges and situations, you can't forget that He is the same God for you that He was for Joseph, Moses, David, Isaiah, Samson, Jesus, Peter, and Paul. He will guard you just as close and ultimately deliver you. God is concerned about every minuet detail in your life. God is aware of each and every one of your trials, the ones from the past, the ones that you are currently involved in, and the ones that you haven't even seen coming yet. He is a guard on all fronts.

I have to remember that God not only goes on before me, He is with me right now, and is concerned about what is going on behind me that I don't know about. There is no need for me to lack in courage, be afraid, panic, or worry about what my enemies can do to me. The guard that God has up around me is an impenetrable force that goes with me to fight against those that rise up against me to save me. If there ever was anyone in the history of the world that loves me and loves you, it is God. Think about that one for a minute.

Every day that I rise, I thank Him for His grace and mercy. I thank Him for hearing me each and every time that I call His name. I am grateful that He is concerned about me and I have nothing to really worry about because not only is He ahead of me and with me, He is watching what goes on behind me and fights the battles I don't even know about.

“For you shall not go out in haste, and you shall not go in flight, for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.” Isaiah ‭52:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Comments