Work In Progress

"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6 ESV 

It has most certainly happened to me and I am certain that it has happened to you. Life comes up and hits you square between the eyes with something unexpected, unplanned, and completely unpleasant. You sit there clueless as to why this is happened and for what purpose. And even though I don't welcome those types of circumstances, in 37 years I have learned that even the worst of them have a Godly purpose. Christ will continue to work in us through each of the situations we find ourselves in until His work is complete. What happens in our journey of faith may seem unfair and uncommonly painful but I truly believe it is all part of God's grand design and for my overall good and the good of those that I come in contact with.

If you have read my blog long, you know that I have experienced personal heartache. I have been through the pain of divorce and I have experienced the pain that comes from losing a spouse in a very unexpected way. I have also experienced the loss of a job at a difficult time. The truth is there is nothing that I have experienced that is all that different from anyone else. I just had a different set of challenges in life to deal with and overcome.

You have a choice. You can either sit around and question God's plan and ask how can this thing that I am experiencing be what is best for me or you can just have faith and know that God is working ALWAYS on your behalf. We may not have the answers to the questions but we do serve the one who made the questions up in the first place.

The verse above is a good one to memorize. I can promise you that it has helped me through many trials and at several low points in my life God brought those words to the front of my mind. There are times still when I have to cling to the promise that God is working on my behalf even when I don't see it.

Comments