A letter to the younger me

Dear Younger Me,

Where do I start? If I could tell you everything that I have learned so far in 37 years then you would be one step ahead of all the painful memories that run through my head every single day. I often wonder how different things would be if I only knew the potholes and break downs that I could have avoided with information from the older, much wiser me. 

I can't decide if I should tell me how to get the most out of my life or if I should dive deeper and try to change the choices that I made because they were choices made for me. While I love my crazy life I wish that I could have had a smoother ride. There are things that I would have avoided but ultimately I would have chosen the same ride. 

Some of the things I would have done differently:

I would have spent more time listening to my grandfather's wisdom. Soaking up his words like a sponge in my grandma's sink. 

I wouldn't have been so mean to my little sister and I would have cultivated a stronger relationship with her sooner. 

I would have tried more things at a younger age when I had more free time. 

Mainly I would have accepted my life with Christ sooner because then I would have known that condemnation would have had no power over me. If I knew then what I know now it wouldn't have been so hard to figure out all these things. I would tell me that it isn't all my fault because I was never meant to carry all these things. 

So younger me, 

Work a little harder, play a little longer, sing a little louder, and pray a little longer every single day. 


Love you brother,

Me

Comments