Brackets

Every spring, it happens....March Madness! I love this time of year. It is one of my favorite times of year, one because I love watching college basketball and because the drama that unfolds on the courts all over the country. You couldn't script the things that happen better in a movie. Teams from all over the country simply seek to survive and move on towards the ultimate goal: a National Championship. Most years it seems that the team that wins has one game where the came down to last second to barely escape with a victory. The more I think about it, this basketball tournament is a great metaphor for life. Our lives are a like a single elimination tournament. We only get one chance at life. Will we live it to the fullest or fade at the end?

I don't know what you might be facing today. I don't know how long you've been facing it. I don't know what disappointments or heartaches you are holding close in your heart. I don't know the failures or shortcomings you have experienced and can't seem to get past and move on with your life. I will bet there are times you even can't see past the glare of problems blinding your eyes, when you don't feel like you deserve to see the light of a new day. But I do know that for you and for me, there is someone who cares and whom God will use to open up a hole for daylight to shine on all the turmoil you are facing. Somewhere there is someone who God will use to help you hang on to what may seem to be the end of your rope.

So no matter what is going on in your life, wait just a moment longer.(Not easy, but really worth it.) Look around and you will see them. There are people just like you all around you. Maybe you can be the one on the other end of their rope. Like some of the teams that are called "Cinderella's" in the Final four, it may be the ones that you least expected. But they are sent by Someone who is always there for you.

"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken." Psalm 16:8 ESV

Indeed He is! God will not leave you alone, no matter what you are going through. Believe it! Hang On! Watch and see what God will do for you!

Comments