One Year

Whether you realize it you have a platform. You reach people every day through whatever it is that you do. You can brighten someone's day simply by offering them a smile or being courteous to them by opening a door. You are all husbands, wives, parents, sons, and daughters. You are members of a community somewhere. You all have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those that you come in contact with. You all have experiences that will prepare you to influence others for their betterment.

In the last year I have had a platform through this blog to share my faith and fears. I have shared the things that I struggle with and the things that I see as my own failures. I am simply a man. A broken man at that. I have allowed my feelings of loss and of my own anger to blind me from what I am truly supposed to be and do. God gave me this ability to write as well as openly testify to His greatness and I can't honestly sit here and say that I have lived what I have written. I have squandered the last year of my life and the God given opportunities to be what He has desired for me to be. I allowed my grief and anger to rule over my life, to cripple the man that I am supposed to be. I have hurt many people through this behavior and for that I can never apologize enough. Losing my wife last year should have been a platform for me to reach others for Christ but I squandered it and did nothing for the Kingdom through it. It was an opportunity that I missed but one that I won't continue to miss. My earthly job gives me opportunities every single day to reach someone for good, opportunities that I sadly haven't taken advantage of. The bottom line is that I am a boss, a father, a friend, a coworker, a son, a brother, and a guy that experienced a significant loss. My roles are given to me as a gift and a platform. In the last few weeks I have been reminded by a loyal and trusted friend that until I repent and allow God to heal me that I can never truly fulfill my purpose and to him I thank you for allowing the Lord to use you to reach out to me.

These opportunites are given by God, and only through His strength and guidance can we use them for His purposes. He will bring the people into our lives who need to hear the wisdom that comes from what each one of us has experienced. He will guide us into the situations that will allow us to influence people going through difficulties or needing some particular insight that one we can possess about their particular situation. He will even express His own character and attitudes through us-His love, comfort, encouragement, forgiveness, patience, and more-if we choose to let Him. It all comes down to choice. I can live for me or I can live for Him, I can't do both! My platform is God given and as He gives He can also take away. All is by His design for our life.

We all have a choice to be takers or givers. Takers are concerned more with what they will gain from a particular situation than they are in adding something significant to it. I can tell you that giving is far more rewarding and it adds to your life as well. Join me in using what ever platform you have to give to others and impact the lives you come in contact with in a way that no one else can.

"But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26 ESV

My platform is not for my benefit. It is for others. Those that I can reach through this blog. I pray that God will use it as an opportunity to reach those that may be hurting or lost in a powerful and effective way.

Comments