Monday

Every Monday morning, each one of us do the same thing, we get up and start our week all over again. Last week's big meeting may have been a huge win or it could have resulted in a complete let down, but the things of last week don't change the needs of Monday morning. We don't have time to celebrate or wallow in the loss that we experienced. Another opportunity is coming soon. Sometimes before we expect it.

We win big. We make huge mistakes. We experience true joy. We suffer crippling loss and disappointments. Whatever the case, we each have to look forward. It helps me to remember Romans 8:28 and what Paul tells us when he says: "And we KNOW that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to HIS purpose." That doesn't mean that everything will work exactly according to OUR plan. God has the ability to work everything to HIS plan. He doesn't miss a thing! One way or another, in HIS time, all of our past experiences-problems, pains, worries, sins, accidents, wins, losses, and celebrations-will ultimately serve HIS purpose for our good.

It takes faith to believe that, because we can't possibly comprehend how all the things that didn't go right in our lives could possibly work out for our good. Just like a team that is on a losing streak, sometimes nothing looks right. We have worries about our relationships, our kids, our finances, our dreams and aspirations, and much more. People and circumstances will ALWAYS let us down. God doesn't. He can't. If He did He would cease to be God.

What if I started my Monday morning worrying more about God's plan than my own? The answer is simple: I would be much more effective. I can look back over situations I have come through and learn from my mistakes, but there is never a need to dwell on them. And I can look forward to the future and plan, at which God laughs at by the way, but I am never really in control of what happens. If you and I walk with God, follow His plan and where He leads, we will always be headed in the right direction.

“Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” James 4:13-15 ESV

Keep the faith that God and His plan is ALWAYS best. When I walk with Him, I am walking with someone that know's the way without looking at the map. 

Comments