I Want To Know Why I Am Here

You may have asked God the following questions before: Why am I here? What is the purpose of my life?

I for one am tired of aimlessly wandering through life pursuing a life that on paper appears to have a purpose but in reality has none. I have learned that if you aren't working for the Lord that you are living a life with no purpose thus bringing no glory to He who formed you. He created all things and for His pleasure, not ours or anyone else's, we were created. Revelations 4:11 says, "Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by YOUR will they existed and were created." (emphasis on "your" is mine) It doesn't say we were created for ourselves, our kids, our bosses, our spouses, or our parents. We were allowed to exist to give ALL glory and honor to God. God very deliberately formed each one of us that has breath in our mother's womb to serve HIS purpose, each in our own unique capacities. As is says in Isaiah 49:5, "And now the Lord says, He who formed me from the womb to be His servant, to bring Jacob back to Him; and that Israel might be gathered to Him - for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord, and my God has become my strength." We have to ask for His help to make our purpose clear. We have to stop ignoring our gifts and taking our talents for granted. God has invested a whole lot into each one of us, so much so, that we must stop acting as if our lives have no significance.

I believe that my purpose is fulfilled in service to others. When I am able to help someone complete a hard project or a chore that they can't do alone or without me I know that I am doing what I was placed on this earth to do. I sometimes forget what I was placed here for and what my purpose but it is amazing what and who God uses to remind me what my purpose really is. He uses others to show me how to fulfill the purpose that God has in my life. He uses them to reveal to me, in a very clear way (often like a slap to the back of the head), how I can serve others with everything He has given me.

And would you like to know the really cool part?

The more that I do these things that I have be destined for, the closer to God that I feel and the more things I want to do for Him and His kingdom. I am the type person that I hate to be bogged down by busy work. I wasn't destined for busy work or for wrong priorities that distract me from my purpose. I was designed for the work that God has for me. And I don't know about you but I want to be able to walk up to Jesus at the end of my life and say to Him, "I glorified You on earth, having accomplished the work that You gave me to do."John 17:4 ESV If that doesn't give me purpose I don't know what else will because making money, satisfying my boss, and pleasing the shareholders will never give me the kind of fulfilled life that living for the true purpose will. 

Comments