Uncertainty Around The Next Curve

I am not one of those guys that handles massive amounts of uncertainty very well. I can do all right when I look at the big picture and while remembering my past experiences with God, know I can handle it. But there have been a number of times when I wasn't at all sure how things would turn out. I wish I could sit here and tell you that I held tightly to my faith and didn't succumb to the fear that gripped my heart.

There have been so many times when it would have been nice to know the answers to the questions before they were asked. To know the outcome before I tried something. At least I think it would....

But when I think like that I often come back to this question for myself: "Where's the fun in that? Where is your faith placed Matt?" Faith. I wish I could tell you that it has always been an essential part of my life. The writer of Hebrews says it this way, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

Here is the bottom line: just as the apostle Paul experienced (and we are no different than Paul, he was human too), I may not see what waits for me around the next curve in the road but I know that it is part of finishing the work that God has given to me and you to tell the world about Jesus and the wonderful love and grace that He so freely gives.

Life is full of uncertainty. God's desire is for us to be strengthened by our faith in Him and what He can do through us. Are you willing to move ahead with what God has for you even if all the "ducks" aren't in a row yet? Are you afraid to jump in? Don't allow fear to rule over you or your thoughts. Live in the power that comes from a faith in a Great God. Live in the power of the Holy Spirit.

As it says in Acts 20:22-24, "And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me. But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.”

We don't know what awaits us around the next curve but if we value our life with God more than our own we will finish the race well.

Comments