Nothing Equals Nothing

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 ESV

The verses above come from the the apostle Paul and they are some the most hope filled, assuring, and comforting verses I know of in all of Scripture. For me, this passage is an ever present reminder of a need for renewal of courage that I need to face the challenges that come at me each and every day.

I would say that if you have read these verses that you find them as encouraging as I do. Times get tough, things look dark and gloomy, the storm clouds roll in and the sunshine disappears. And yet there is NOTHING, read that again, there is NOTHING that can separate us from the love of Christ.

One of the things that kept me from starting this blog was that I thought "Why would anyone care about what a big, sasquatch from Alabama has to say?" And I was reminded by my late wife, whom always had a way of saying things in a way I could understand, "Idiot, it doesn't matter who reads it if God is telling you to do it, then do it!" Like I said she had a way of explaining things. It was then that I realized that I could help other people by writing about the things that I struggle with and the things that I am going through and ultimately it would be a blessing to others because they are going through the same thing.

The one thing that I know without a doubt to be true is that, throughout my journey, even when I wandered off the path, I was never ever separated from God or from what God's love revealed through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ. He laid His life down for you and for me, as a living sacrifice that we might be set aside and saved from an eternity in Hell. Daily I can see more clearly that God has been with me, even when I was trying to run away from Him. He has been with me every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every year. He has never left my side and He never will.

Do you feel separated from God today because of fear, worry, or any other sin that you might suffer with? The apostle Paul says, "Don't be! The God who loves us will take care of all those things." You just have to get out of your own way and allow Him to work in your life. He does it anyway whether you really realize it or not.

That, my friends, is the beauty of Christ. His death and sacrifice on the cross covers everything we could ever think of or do. There is nothing that can EVER separate us from Him. He gives us an eternal promise of hope for today, tomorrow, next week, and next year. He gives us the hope of forever - nothing will ever separate us from the love of God revealed in His Son Jesus and for that I am eternally grateful.

Comments