Sonic Boom

Have you ever seen a jet airplane on the verge of breaking mach 1? When it finally reaches mach 1, this kind of halo appears around the aircraft. It's both mysterious and pretty darn cool if you ask me. The halo encapsulates both the pilot and the plane, signaling a transition from subsonic flight to supersonic, from resistance to release. To me this goes right along with our spiritual breakthroughs that we experience throughout our Christian walk. We have moments of transition, of progress, and of growth where the Holy Spirit encapsulates us and our commitment to Jesus Christ, raising it to all new levels in our lives. But you have to persevere in the pursuit of Christ, you have to stand firm in spite of failures and setbacks, you never ever quit, and you rally others around you to help get you into position to make the next transition. To experience major breakthrough in your life takes a bulldog like determination.

In my quest to experience the power and the freedom that total loyalty to Jesus provides me as God's man, I am bound to encounter problems, obstacles, challenges, and doubts about ever truly being free from my sinful and dark desires. I often ask myself if I will ever truly be free from the sin that plagues me and my thoughts? Will I ever "arrive?" I am sure that if you are honest with yourself you face some of the same doubts and fears that I do and quite possibly a whole different set of things plague you. The thing that we have going for us is our allegiance to the cross of Jesus Christ and our desire to honor Him that drives us forward and keeps us risking things again and again in the name of Jesus despite whatever opposition might come our way.

So which way are you going to go? Are you going to play it safe? Live in constant fear of the unknown? Or will you commit like a jet pilot has to when he wants to break the sound barrier? Will you show perseverance by living a life of loyalty and commitment? Our enemy fears us the most when we are on the verge of breaking through in our journey with the Lord. Live a life like the jet pilot and break through the barrier in your life.


Comments