Trouble Free (there's no such thing)

Life is one thing that you can count on to not be trouble free. Trouble will find you even when you don't want it to. The more that you avoid it, it seems to find you even faster. And for anyone who is pushing the envelope and maximizing their full potential, there is no guarantee that hardship won't show up too. But my friend, help with show up, the Lord promises us that He will help us in times of trouble. Life is hard but God is good.

A few months ago I thought that life was good. I had no real troubles to speak of. I was married to a great woman, I had a job that I loved, my kids were all healthy and happy. I thought that this is what the American dream is made of. We had everything a red blooded American family could ask for.

Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way. My life got thrown into a tail spin in December when I lost my best friend and partner in life. I could have laid down right then and wallowed in the sorrow and grief that accompanied that terrible situation. I could have laid around and allowed the anger to well up inside of me and blame God for what happened to me and my family. I was reminded on that day in December that nothing we hold in our "human" hands lasts forever. It reminded me that at the end there is only one thing that lasts forever - a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I thank God for carrying me and my family through the days that followed and for granting providence and taking care of us all ever since. I am just as blessed now as I was then. My life is drastically different but He has shown up in my life in mighty ways even though I didn't deserve it.

What about you? Yeah I am talking to you...the person reading this. Each day seems to bring something new to each of us. Sometimes we welcome whatever comes with open arms, and sometimes we do our level best to hold it back and try not to let it get us. All of these things, good and bad, sickness and health, being poor and living in prosperity, can be used for the glory of God for our good and His glory. How these things affects us depends in large part on whether we believe that or not. God will always have a hand on you - no matter what you face. All you have to do is grab His hand in faith and know that everything that comes your way is under His control. Nothing gets by God.

"I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, "You are my servant." For I have chosen you and will NOT throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am our God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10

Comments