Thirty Days

It has been thirty days....

Thirty days of missing her....but thirty days of knowing I will see her again.

Thirty days of grief....but thirty days of comfort from the Great Comforter

Thirty days of pain....but thirty days of relief from the Great Physician.

Thirty days of tears....but thirty days of smiles when I think about the time I had with her.

Thirty days of feeling empty....but thirty days of knowing I am filled with the Holy Spirit and rely on His power to fill me and sustain me.

Thirty days of sadness....but thirty days of knowing that she is glorified and I am so jealous/happy for her because I want to be there too and be apart of the singing and worshiping God.

I have been through one of the hardest things in my life the past thirty days. I have felt the closeness that can only be brought about by the Holy Spirit. He has been walking with me these last thirty days closer than ever in my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It has been the sweetest time, knowing that even though she isn't here when I wake up He is with me every day in every hour of every minute of every second. That is something that I never thought possible in my life.

In the last thirty days I have learned what it means to be totally dependent on God. I have learned what it really means to be a member of the family of God. I have been blown away by the outpouring of love and support from our church, our local community, and the community of believers that surrounds me and my family.

In the last thirty days I have often wondered what she is seeing every day. I can only imagine what sights she is seeing. The people that she is getting to talk to, the things she has learned. She doesn't need google or youtube anymore to learn to do something she didn't know how to do. She knows it all now. And for that I am so jealous. She is getting to see Jesus on a daily basis, to worship alongside Paul and Peter, getting to walk and talk with Mary. As jealous as I am I know that my time is not done. That God has another plan for me. My work here is just beginning.

I said it before and I will say it again, "I was a blessed man, but now I am more blessed than I deserve." Thank you to everyone that has prayed for me and my family during this difficult time. I promise that we will come through this stronger and more determined to serve the Lord with all our strength and all our heart.

Comments