Alone

There is a song out that has brought me much comfort over the last thirty days. "I Am Not Alone" by Kari Jobe is a powerful song that reminds us that we are never alone. It reminds us that God is walking with us and even carrying us from time to time. It reminds that we have nothing to fear from this life. It reminds me that though I am experiencing the deepest sorrow of my life and that though I am in the darkness that it will not overtake me, that the light will break through. 

I am reminded that I am chosen and bought with a price, that I am valuable to God and so are you. We have all been bought and paid for through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. His blood covers all and we have all been redeemed through His sacrifice. 

In the past month I have felt the Lord draw me closer into Him and like a little boy does his daddy when he is scared I have pressed my soul deeper into Him and I have felt His power and strength flow through me like never before. I have had times where I have felt all alone but like a flood washing over me I have felt the love and grace that can only come from God. 

I am not alone. He goes before me. He will never leave me. I am not alone. Even when I am off by myself I am not alone. He is with me. Praise God for that!


I Am Not Alone
By: Kari Jobe

When I walk through deep waters
I know that you will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
Oh I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see your light is breaking through
The dark night will not over take me
I am pressing into you
Lord you fight my every battle
And I will not fear

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as your own
You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You have always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul


Comments