Unique

Here lately I have found myself thinking about the events in my life that have led me to the place that I am now. Asking questions like: Why I am here? Why am I the way I am? What causes me to read the books that I read? Why am I seeking God's plan for my life? Have you ever wondered how much of your life is accidental or random? How much is truly designed?

I know in my heart that God knew exactly where I would be right now and exactly what I would be like. God knew about the passions and gifts and the platform I would have. In fact, I believe God was purposeful in designing my life. He made me to be uniquely significant and to have an eternal impact on the world around me. And He has done the same for you.

Allow that to sink in for a minute.

What would you change? Would you live differently if you really believed that God has intentionally designed you to impact others? What steps of faith would you take if you knew God had already planned them? What would you step out on faith to attempt? What BIG things would you try to accomplish if you knew without a doubt that God had your back? What impossible challenges would suddenly seem possible to deal with? The fact of the matter is that when you believe that God designed you for purposes higher than yourself, you will then begin to live within that purpose.

I take a look at myself in the mirror and I know that I have areas that I can improve on but just because I believe God designed me doesn't mean I know what for. But we serve a gracious God. He knows that we all fall short, and God knows that finding His will for our life will be a process. We will all make mistakes along the way but grace isn't an excuse to give less than our best effort.

I am thankful that God doesn't put any pressure on me to be a perfect me. When I fall, and I fall often, I get up, dust myself off, ask for forgiveness, and keep moving towards the ultimate goal.

Whatever your past, God has future plans for us all. And I know in my heart that these plans are for our good.

Don't allow fear of new things or places stop you from seeking God's purpose. No problem is too big for Him to solve, whether it is in the lives of people around you or those that are outside of your realm of influence. This means that nothing is too big for us to solve within the strength and will of God.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

Comments