Always Have Access

I am always amazed that I always have access to God through Jesus. And that all took place all those years ago when Jesus breathed His last breath on the cross and the curtain that separated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The priest was no longer necessary for us to speak to our God. Jesus Christ provided direct access into God's presence through what He did for us on the cross. And in the past 10 days I have felt more close to the throne of God than I ever have in my entire life. He really does draw those who serve Him near in times of grief and anguish. I don't know what I would do with out my relationship with Jesus Christ. I don't know who people go to in times like these when they have no relationship or a line of communication with God.

Famous people deal with people trying to gain access to them all the time. I can't say as I have ever experienced this "phenomenon" but I know what it is like to be a father that is trying to raise his kids and trying to get a quiet minute alone and at times it seems like that will never happen. Don't get me wrong, I love being around my kids and I love being around other people but there are times when I need to be alone with my thoughts and alone with my God.

I am baffled that God would love us enough to send His only Son to be beaten, suffer in anguish on the cross, die there, and be buried to save my soul from utter damnation and suffering in hell. I am so thankful for the sacrifice that He made on my behalf so that I can live under the hand of grace and have a direct line to Him all the time. I don't have to go through a priest, a secretary, or any other intermediary that you can think of to speak with Jesus. All I have to do is close my door and simply speak His name and He is with me. And you can do that too. We all have the ability to speak directly too Him and that is a comforting thought!

"Since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." Hebrews 4:14-15 

Comments