Sitting again

Went for my nightly walk and now I find my self sitting on the porch again. Sitting and listening to the sounds of night time, bugs buzzing and dogs barking(sorry to my neighbors). 

As I sit here I am reminded of a song by Jeremy Camp called "Give Me Jesus." In the first verse it says "In the morning when I rise give me Jesus. You can have all this world just give me Jesus." Then it goes on to say "When I am alone give me Jesus. You can have this whole world just give me Jesus." As I sit here and I listen to the words of this song and him them to my self it develops into a prayer. 

Jesus, 
I am the unworthiest of sinners yet You chose to lay down your life for mine. You took my punishment that was rightly deserved. All I ask is that you give me a heart that desires nothing but you. Simply give me Jesus. My plate is over full and I glady give it all over to you now. Simply give me Jesus. Let me not hunger and thirst for the things of this world simply give me Jesus. I pray for those that will read this, I pray that you speak to them the way you have me. Have them simply desire you. Give them Jesus. Amen

My prayer is that through this blog I reach people for Christ and that He be glorified through it. If I reach only one person through this media than I have done what I was called to do. 

Please pray for me and for those around me. That we would be a shining light in a dark, dark world. 

Comments