Greater

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4 ESV)

There are many things in this world that I would think could be described as "great." 

The Grand Canyon is a great. The stuffed  crust pizza at Pizza Hut is great. A walk on the beach hand in hand with the one you love is great. Sitting on my front porch on a fall night when the stars are shining and the air is cooling off is great. But there is one thing that is greater than all that. 

Sitting on my front porch under the night sky in the cool fall air and having a heart to heart discussion with my Heavenly Father that I would say is greater still. 

I went walking for the first time in over a year tonight and actually feel pretty good. I had a great conversation with Jesus while I was walking. It was a great time a confession and just being in His presence  under the night sky that He created. I stopped along my walk and looked up into the sky and I marveled at how great the sky was and how fortunate I was to be able to stand under this beautiful thing that God created. Then it was as He spoke directly to me and I felt His presence all around me and through me. And I felt a strength come over me and the burning in my knees and calves stopped all at once and I knew I was in the presence of God. I knew this was a special time and I began to pour out my heart to my Father who loves me. I felt Him lifting each burden off my shoulders as if it was a stone taken from a back pack that was attached to my back. I was reminded that there are still greater things to be done with my life, that He was not even close to being finished with me yet. Jesus has a greater purpose for my life. These "problems" are not placed in my life for my destruction yet for my strengthening for the battle that is yet to come. The time will come when we are on the mountain and we will look back to this time in the valley and thank God again for the struggle to reach what was greater all the time. 

Don't allow the pain to slow you, irritate or annoy you, but most of all don't take you eyes off what "greater" thing God has in store for you. 

If you reading this blog for the first time or you are a repeat customer, please remember me and my family(earthly and spiritual family) during this time. I feel God is preparing us for something much greater than we could ever imagine. Pray we continue to seek what is greater and not what is lesser!  

There is no one like our God! 
There is no one like our God! 

Greater things have yet to come 
And greater things are still to be done 

You are my God! Help me hunger to seek you and the things which are greater! 

Comments