Sentimental

Today I was looking back through old pictures and I found this one of me and my oldest son, JD. He was about 5 or 6 years old when this picture was taken. He will be 11 in August and I wish I had days like this one back again.

Walking through a corn maze, holding his tiny hand in my sasquatch sized paw, listening to him talk about how tall the corn was and wondering aloud if we would get lost in there.

This was a time when it was just him and I. His brother and sister lived back in Arkansas with their mother and I enjoyed getting to just hang out with him.

I know that God has a plan for everyone and everything and I know that I will once again get to spend the kind of quality time with him and his siblings one day soon.

I may be a large and gruff kind of a man but I have a very soft side....about somethings....from time to time.

Comments