Creed

Before you laugh and turn away from this post, this is NOT about the band CREED. Keep reading and I will explain where I am headed with this one!

Keeping your word and living with integrity.

Simple enough. A clear, admirable mission statement for anyone's life. One that your family will respect and be respected for if you commit to it in all aspects of your life.

The trouble is that we typically live in a give-and-take world that makes creeds like this one difficult and sometimes seemingly impossible to keep on a consistent basis.

Keeping your word and living with integrity. 

No doubt when you read that creed, certain face come to your mind. Faces of people who have been an integral part of your life. People who you believe have lived out that creed throughout their lives. People you could count on when they said something or promised you something. You always wanted to be like them, in each and every way, often times more than just keeping your word and being a person of integrity.

You always asked yourself, how were they able to maintain that creed in a world that often asks a person to compromise his or her word or integrity?

One thing my dad always stressed to me was to keep myself close to the Lord and to stay buried in His Word. He told me when I felt tested to go back on my word or do something that would compromise my integrity, I was to ask for God's help. I was to learn to abide in Him when things got rough. I wish I could say that I have learned that lesson completely and that I always rely on God when things go wrong. But that wouldn't be anything close to the truth. I am human and I still find myself in moments where I try to fix it myself. I think if we are truthful with ourselves, we will find that living this way is the hardest thing to do under our own power. It requires the strength that can only be found from God.

Ask yourself these questions: Do people know they can count on you? Have you proven that you are a trustworthy person? Do you approach life with integrity? Don't leave people guessing! If you struggle with any of these things, just repent and ask God for His strength.

Keep your word and living with integrity.

"O Lord, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, and speaks truth in his heart." ~Psalm 15:1-2 NASB

Comments