Forgiven

The past will continue to play with your mind. Although failure knocks me down regularly and the devil won't let me forget the things that I do and have done. In this life, I know what I have been and where I am, I know that no matter what I am a forgiven son of the Risen Savior. He carries the weight of what I have been and what I am going to be.

The times come when I feel Satan speaking into my ear and saying it's OK, you can do that, you can say that, or  no one can see that. Those are the times in my life when I need to remember the forgiveness that was purchased so long ago. When a Father gave up His only Son to be the sacrifice for a world that hated Him.

Let that marinate in your mind for a moment.

What Father gives up His Son for someone else? Would I? Would you? I have 4 boys and 2 girls, I can honestly say that I can't ever imagine laying their life down for another. While I can imagine laying my own life down for theirs, but that is exactly what we are called to do. I am accountable to God for the way that my children are raised because I am a steward of them, just like I am with everything that the Lord entrusts me with.

We are all offered the forgiveness of Christ, while free it does cost us something, our life!

That's what He wants. We are made to serve not to be served. He didn't allow himself to be beaten near death, walk a long and lonely hill, dragging a huge and cumbersome cross, as well as the wrath of God being poured out on Him, for us to continually ignore Him. He didn't do all He did for us to come to Him with all our wants and I promise there is no where that we are promised to be wealthy or healthy all the time.

It was simply about forgiveness. He wanted to forgive us and bring us close to Him. There was no other way!

I am thankful that God chose to do it the way He did. I am thankful for the presence of the Holy Spirit and the saving grace of Jesus Christ!

Comments