Desire

Face it, we are all hardwired for a relationship with something bigger than ourselves. If we don't have it that might explain why we feel so empty. If we don't have it, that might explain why we are so miserable when it gets quiet-you can't stand to be alone with yourself because we weren't created to be alone. Whether we realize it or not, we were created to experience a deep desire for a one on one relationship with the Creator of the universe.

Why then do we try and fill this void with "things"? Why do we try to fill it with money? Our Jobs? Our children? (yeah I went there and that is for another blog!) We try to find anything that will make that hole in our soul go away but nothing will fill a God sized hole but God.

I think the biggest problem that we suffer from is a hardwired need to have things our own way. We don't like being dependent on ANYONE! It is simply the way we are all made, it's in our DNA. We are constantly in battle with our will and the will of the Creator. We want to resist His leading and rebel against His laws.

As we mature as Christians, we should realize that when it comes to God's instructions, it is better to be teachable than hard headed. As my friend Mr. Richard Money used to say: "Hard head makes for a soft butt!"

I haven't always followed God's instructions and I have the visible and the hidden scars to prove it. I was called into "ministry" at a young age but, I have also ran from that same calling for as long as I can remember.

 It all starts with what I mentioned above, filling the hole that we all suffer with. I thought that if I "acted" the part that God would forget about what He asked me to do. I thought that if I stayed away from His church and ignored the council of the wise people He surrounded me with that I could avoid what He wanted from me. (If you want to know how hard headed I am just ask my wife. I am sure that she would tell you straight away! )

It took almost 32 years to figure out that I can't out run God. I can't play "hide & seek" with Him, He always wins because He is God. The hole that I carried for so long could only be filled through Him and the Holy Spirit.

It is my goal that through this blog and any social media that I edify the Lord and that I spread His word. It is a start for me, a start back to where God has called me to be in the first place. I am ready for where ever He takes me through this journey. I am prepared to go where ever He asks me to go.

 I can say this now because I have filled the hole in my soul with Him. Does that mean I am perfect? No! Does that mean that I won't mess it up? No! Remember, I am still human and completely suspect to fail at any moments notice. Being a Christian is not a life of perfection, it's a life of imperfections made perfect through strength in Jesus Christ. We are made strong through our weaknesses.

Comments