Shepherd To King

“He chose David his servant and took him from the sheepfolds; from following the nursing ewes he brought him to shepherd Jacob his people, Israel his inheritance. With upright heart he shepherded them and guided them with his skillful hand.” ‭Psalms‬ ‭78:70-72‬ ‭ESV‬‬

David learned everything he knew about leadership in obscurity. He learned while tending his fathers flock of sheep. The thing his family depended on for food and nourishment. No one was watching him while he learned the lessons that would benefit him later in life but he learned them just the same. And God never missed a bit of it. 

Just when I think or believe that know one is watching what I'm doing, I remember that God is. It is when I show integrity and character when no one is watching that God blesses my work just like He did for David. David was blessed by his hard work and God gave him more territory to shepherd and his flock became the people of the nation of Israel. 

It is in the times when I am alone and faced with a battle I fee I cannot win that I must turn it over to God. Only through His power and might can I achieve true victory. He is the one that stands out on the battle line protecting me and my family when I feel like I can't go on. God has promised that if I work diligently in the fields for Him that He will never forget me nor forsake me. I can look back over my life and see the countless times that He has saved me, carried me, and hidden me in the past. It is through that confidence in faith that I am able to move forward in my life. 

It is when we are faithful and chose wisely in the fields God has placed us in that God will bless us. When the giant comes to you and you feel scared and all alone, you need not look around for help but look up to God for He alone will save you. He has battled giants for longer than any of us can begin to understand and there is nothing they can throw at Him that He can't handle. 

May our actions be pleasing and bring Him glory. 

Comments