If You Stay Ready You Don't Have To Get Ready

I am a concealed carrier of a pistol within the confines of the State of Alabama. I have been asked more than once why I felt a need to carry a pistol on my person, to which I have responded, "If I am already ready then I don't have to take the time to get ready." While I jest about this fact, it is something that I take very seriously. If someone was to attack myself, those I am charged with protecting, namely my family, or someone walked in off the street to try and murder or wound my employees, I want to be prepared to do what is necessary to stop that from happening. But I am not talking about the need to carry a gun or a weapon. What I am talking about is being prepared. What I am talking about is being proactive and not sitting by on the sidelines and allowing things to "happen" to you rather make them "happen" for you. While I pray that none of these terrible things ever happen, the desire to be prepared speaks volumes about the soul of those whose heart is ready, prepared, anticipating a call that could come at any given moment.

Men, I don't care what book of the Bible you read, the Men Of God are never formed by a passive approach to life. You won't find a passive approach to Moses or David. You certainly won't be able to label David's best friend and "BFAM" (Brotha From Another Mother,) Jonathan as possessing a passive anything in his spirit. He was a warrior prince of Israel. He wouldn't hesitate to cut down anyone that disrespected the name of God or his brother David.

You might ask me, Matt, what about the New Testament? Weren't the disciples inherently passive? Have you ever tried to catch fish with a net? Not just one fish but hundreds, all at the same time? Odds are you haven't and I haven't either. Peter, Mark, John, and James were all fishermen by trade that Jesus molded into God's men in their world. Jesus gave Himself over to the Jews but He wasn't passive either. Remember, He was a carpenter by trade, a real man's man in my opinion, and He showed his lack of passivity when He turned the tables over in the temple during a expression of righteous anger. And what about Paul? Paul wasn't a push over either. He personally over saw the killing of Christian's in the name of God but was converted on a dirt road out in the country, no passivity there either. All these men had something in common. They all had a warrior heart for God.

Every single man I have listed and countless more, changed the world and their stories are still shaping the reality of us all. That is exactly how world changers and warriors do it. They take what they have been given and use it for the glory of God.

God did not call any of us to be passive, no matter what you may have been told growing up. He did not call us to sit on the sidelines while our wives or other men do all the work. God doesn't need men that are weak in spirit and low on resolve. He needs warrior princes like Jonathan and David. We are each called to be warriors for God and to be prepared every day to go into battle. The men inside my inner circle are men that I know are in the foxhole with me every single day. They aren't all permit holders like me but I know that at a moments notice they will go into battle with me. We aren't literally fighting in a foreign land, at war with an enemy we can see, but we are at war with a hidden enemy and he is just as violent and seeks to destroy everyone and everything he can. He wants to separate us and keep us from banding together, not in arms, but in prayer, over the Word of God, and he will do anything he can to prevent that from happening.

It is our responsibility to not allow this to happen. EVER!

We have to be ready when God calls us into battle. Whether as a leader in business out in the marketplace or as a teacher of a 5 year old Sunday School class, we have to be prepared to battle with the enemy at all times. If we stay ready we don't have to get ready.

Comments