Survivor

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭ESV‬‬

There have been many times that this have strongly felt the conviction and prodding that comes when  God presses His mighty hand down on my spirit but none as strong as what I felt yesterday. Over the past few weeks, God has been dealing with me about who I am and what I am doing with my life.

I have always felt drawn to a more vocational type of ministry. Not necessarily as a pastor, but something more full time. God isn't going to allow all the things I've experienced in my life to be wasted. Through Him I am a survivor. Through His power and this venue I am reaching out to anyone that is lost, confused, or simply doubting who they are to tell them there is hope.

God has pulled me out of the fire more times than I deserve and He will do the same for you. He is our God, He goes into the battle for us, He fights for us, and He makes every single person that believes in Him a survivor. He delivers us for sin the very moment we humble ourselves and as my favorite wrestler, Ric Flair, used to say "Walk that aisle!"

Are you tired? Seek God for the rest you need.

Are you depressed? Seek God for the joy that is missing in your life.

Are you angry? Battle God like Jacob. Persevere. Don't give up. Be a survivor.

It is just like the prophet Isaiah said in chapter 40 verses 28-31. Even the youths will grow tired Young men will grow exhausted. But (there is always a but) those of us that wait on the Lord will be RENEWED. It says we will mount up on eagles wings. We will run and not get tired. We will walk and not faint. But none of this is possible without a personal relationship with God.

I'm fortunate to be able to say God has accepted me back in His arms. I stopped fighting the Holy Spirit and tapped out before it was too late.

Don't try to be a survivor on your own because trust me, you won't.

Comments