End

No matter how you paint it, death in itself, is not a pretty picture. It is simply part of life. Most of us have experienced the sadness and grief that comes when someone we love is taken from us, whether expected or unexpected, some are easier than others but regardless of the circumstances we are never really ready and it is never an easy thing. 

As I sit here today in this hospital room, I have so many different questions that have come into my mind when I think about losing my grandmother. It would be easy for me to just shut down, blame God, and get angry at Him for putting us in this situation. It is a rare and hard thing to handle this in a godly manner. But the fortunate thing is that we know where our strength lies. 

God is our source of strength and comfort in this time. I know without a doubt that God's heart is breaking along with ours but that one day soon we will all be reunited to the glory of Almighty God. 

Psalm Chapter 39 verse 4-5 says, "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made a few handbreaths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!"

And in Romans Chapter 8 verse 38-39 Paul tells us, "For I am sure that neither death nor life, not angels not rulers, not things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

None of us have knowledge of when our time will come and our life will end. Paul tells us in 1st Corinthians Chapter 15 verses 51-52, " Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed."

I am comforted in this situation in knowing that she knows the Lord in a deep and personal way. The steadfast peace and love that the Lord gives so freely and His mercies never end, even after a loved one has moved on. They mercies of God are fresh every single morning and His faithfulness is greater than anything we can imagine. The Lord is our portion and therefore we will hope eternally in Him. 


Please continue to remember our family during this time....



"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; He utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Psalm 46:1-7 ESV 

Comments