300

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” Isaiah ‭55:10-11‬ ‭ESV‬‬


I was a kid when Nike came out with the slogan that centered around three simple words, "Just Do It!" I have to admit that this slogan was pure genius. The words don't suggest that you prepare to do it-just do it. I suggest that with the verses above that you just do it-share the Word of God anywhere you can.

Hear me, I am not saying that you should stall or wait because you're planning a plan. Or that it can't happen today because you have to get it just right before you can go with it. If you wait until it feels right or the "plan" is complete then you will probably never get it done anyways.

Trust me when I say that I know the fear of not having the right words to say but if I am honest with myself I will admit that often that is just an excuse. God wants you and I to JUST DO IT! The truth is, none of us really ever feel ready to go and share the Word of God. Admit it....you are as afraid as I am. You fear you might make a mistake and turn someone off and lose an opportunity for God to work in someone's life. You are afraid you will look or sound silly trying to quote scripture. That you might embarrass yourself by not having the right words for someone or an answer to a question that might come up.

All this time that you and I spend waiting, God is waiting for us to simply act. What you and I tend to forget is that God is much bigger than any of us and that He doesn't need any of us to make His plans come to fruition. He is bigger than all my inadequacies and all my mistakes. God is simply looking for your availability and your heart and for you to share what He has done in your life with the ones that He places in your life. It is as simple as that.

Even if I mess it up, get it wrong, or leave someone scratching their head, God will come behind me and clean it all up. Thus the reason for this blog. Inspired by God and spurred on by one that isn't with us anymore and encouraged by those that take the time to read this poorly written  rag and often times ill-equipped man's ramblings about what God is doing in my life. I was asked the other day where I get my "ideas" for the topics that I "ramble" on about and I simply had to tell them that God gives me inspiration at the oddest of times. He gives me the desire to use the little talent that I have to spread the message that there is forgiveness out there and that there is someone else that struggles each and every single day to stay on the narrow path that was laid out before me.

Believe God's promise that the seeds of His Word that you and I plant for Him will bear fruit. You never know who might be listening or reading...Just do it. 

Comments