Sing

When I get the opportunity to sing for my church I take it very seriously. Mainly because I used to think it was a time for me to put the talent I have on display for my church and the people that might be there that day. But as I have grown older and hopefully wiser, I have discovered that it doesn't matter what I sing or who is in the audience, what matters is that I am singing purely to worship God. As I write this I am listening to the song that I am going to sing on sunday and the message that it conveys is one that is very near and dear to my heart.  I am also praying that God use me as a blessing for someone that might be there and need the message that this song conveys. 

I am also reminded of when my kids were very small and they would wake up in the night and I would sing to them back to sleep. Those times with my kids are some of my best memories and my favorite songs. I would sing mainly hymns that I learned all those years ago when I was small or when I was growing up in that little church in Arkansas. It also reminds me of the ones my Ma Maw would sing when she was cooking or cleaning. She has always had a song on her lips and a song in her heart. She helped me develop a love for music. Some of my earliest memories are of her and two other ladies in the church singing songs together on Sunday mornings. The joy on their faces is almost indescribable but it is one of my favorite memories as a child. 

I was once told that it doesn't matter what the song is that you sing, what matters is the heart of the person that sings it. 

The song that I have chosen for this Sunday is called "Merry Christmas" by Third Day. The song talks about an orphan child in China, a family that desperately desires to have her home with her and their prayers that God hold her tight and keep her safe until they can bring this precious child home. It is a song that will reach into your heart if you allow it to. 

Take a moment, watch the video below, and open your heart and mind to what it has to say. My prayer is that it touches you as it does me. 



Comments